Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stand-Up. What I will be writing about. A LOT.


For many months I have been interested in writing about comedy. I'm not sure how I would go about it. I could talk about select comedians, or types of comedy, eventually I figured I'd go to a venue, and then write about that show specifically with an overview of the venue itself. However, for me to talk about each venue in New York City that hosts comedy would take me a very long time. I decided to make a list of each of these venues and after 4 hours I found there to be nearly 60 places in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn. I have yet to even look into the Bronx or Staten Island. Its a lot of venues and a lot of money but fuck it, I'm going to do it....even if I dont have ANY followers. I have a deep  obsession with comedy that goes back to my childhood, and nowadays I am continually going to new clubs, bars and venues that offer comedy. Some are free and some cost a lot of money, and others have a small fee (usually 5-10 dollars). I have decided that the more I put it off the more I will have seen that I have not written about and will then need to return to. So today, I will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment